As many of you are aware, Portland International Raceway (PIR) submitted a plan for restricted reopening on May 6, but has yet to receive approval. Additionally, Multnomah County is currently scheduled to reopen on June 12 with it’s “Phase 1” restrictions. Under Phase 1, and without a variance to allow gatherings of more than 25 people this would force the cancellation of our June race and HPDE.

PIR is working very hard to get approval for its plan, however the go/no go may be very close to Cascade’s June 20-21 scheduled race weekend at PIR.

We are reaching out to encourage race entries for the June 20-21 Chicane Challenge XXVIII – Gary Bockman Memorial race weekend! And We Need You.

Please register at https://www.motorsportreg.com/events/chicane-challengexxviii-gary-bockman-memorial-race-portland-intl-raceway-002425
 
Cascade can host this event with approval from PIR and The City as late as June 17. Cascade will notify all entrants of a go/no go decision no later than June 13, but we need to know what entries are possible with this plan.

And as a reminder, Cascade will not charge credit cards until after the start of the event and you have taken the track.   

Sign up to show your support for ICSCC/conference racing… For the CSCC & The Chicane Challenge XXVIII – Gary Bockman Memorial race weekend… And for your local track, Portland International Raceway.
 
Sign up today!

Leave a Reply